Parish Policy Statement on Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
The Parish is committed to facilitating an environment in which children, young people and adults at risk are able to worship and grow in Christ safely. Abuse and maltreatment of any form is entirely against our Christian teachings. In respecting the dignity and value of every person we are committed to:
- Every person has a value and dignity, which comes directly from the creation of people in God’s image. Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God’s re-creation of us in Christ. Among other things this implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
- We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people and adults at risk.
- We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those working with children or adults at risk.
- We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or adult at risk may have been harmed, cooperating fully in any investigation.
- We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care to anyone who has suffered abuse.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or adult at risk.
For further safeguarding information relating to each of our churches, please click on the relevant link below.