With a diploma in therapeutic coaching and a qualification in mental health first aid, Sarah is running a six week course starting January 2022, designed to help you manage and improve your sense of well-being.
The sessions will be from 7.30pm on Wednesday evenings, starting 26th January with a break over half term. We’ll be meeting at Spire Cafe in St Paul’s and the evening will start with some refreshments and dessert, followed by a bit of teaching, group work and other tools to help you. It will be very informal and relaxed with lots of space for us to chat and support one another as we learn together.
The course is limited to a maximum of 10 participants and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. If you’d like to book a place or have any questions please email Sarah.
Here’s an overview of what we cover:
Session 1: We Can Change!
- How are we feeling? The different halves of our brain.
- How we can change and what stops us from making changes
- Top tips for a better mood
Session 2: Feelings
- How the brain works
- What happens when we feel overwhelmed
- Panic attacks and how to stop them
- How to take back some control
Session 3: Stress
- The baseline of stress,
- Long-term stress and its effects
- Coping with stress – Stress Audit
Session 4: Worry
- When is worry good and when is it unhelpful?
- What’s happening in our brain
- Types of worrying
- How to manage our worry
Session 5: What are you thinking and is it true?
- Negative thoughts
- What are your thinking errors?
- Speaking positively over ourselves
- What you focus on is what you get
Session 6: Resilience
- Talking about our feelings
- Facing our fears
- Breathing exercises
- Healthy boundaries